DEEP CLEANSING | Hydrabody
Keratosis pilaris or “chicken skin” is a common skin condition that causes patches of rough-feeling bumps to appear on the skin. These tiny bumps or pimples are actually dead skin cells plugging hair follicles. These bumps sometimes appear red or brown in color.
Chicken skin is commonly found on the upper arms, thighs, cheeks, or buttocks. Chicken skin isn’t contagious and these bumps don’t usually cause any discomfort or itching. This condition is known to worsen in the winter months when the skin tends to dry out, and may also worsen during pregnancy.
- This benign skin condition is the result of a buildup of keratin — a hair protein — in the pores.
- If you have chicken skin, the keratin of your body hair gets clogged in the pores, blocking the opening of growing hair follicles.
- As a result, a small bump forms over where a hair should be.
- A gentle glycolic and salicylic acid peel
- Extract the sebum & impurities
- Removes dead skin cells to reveal healthy skin
- With ongoing treatments, you'll notice intensely improved hydration, minimised spots and dramatically reduced appearance of bumps and inflammations.
*Note: Results & outcomes are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
To book your complimentary consultation with our experts, please fill in our secure online appointment request form below or contact the CLINIC today by calling +852 2538 8868.