Other Aesthetic Issues | Moles
Moles are growths on the skin that are usually brown or black; they may be located, alone or in groups, anywhere on the body. A birthmark is a colored mark that appears soon after a baby’s birth. Although many moles and birthmarks are completely benign and pose no health risk, some people choose to remove them because they consider them unattractive. Regularly using a strong sunscreen, and monitoring birthmarks and moles for changes, is highly recommended.
There are many types of moles and birthmarks, including the following:
- Congenital mole (dark and irregularly shaped)
- Atypical mole (irregular color and undefined borders)
- Cafe-au-lait spot (light-brown patch)
- Mongolian spot (flat, bluish and irregularly shaped)
- Hemangioma (reddish-purple patch or raised dots)
- Salmon patch (reddish patch, usually on the upper eyelid)
- Port-wine stain (dark red and flat)
Treatment recommendations for moles:
To book your complimentary consultation with our experts, please fill in our secure online appointment request form below or contact the CLINIC today by calling +852 2538 8868.